Are you considering the purchase of a mobility scooter for yourself or a loved one? We often have the privilege of seeing our equipment change lives and open doors! Electric scooters can help their users regain independence, stay comfortable, and more! In fact, we’ve gathered a list of six benefits that come from using this great equipment.
Mobility scooters can …
- Help seniors stay independent: It may be due to a fall, injury, stroke, or other condition, but it is common for older folks to need help moving from room to room without assistance. A mobility scooter can do this, keeping seniors more active and independent.
- Prevent falls: Falls are a scary thing. In addition to causing injuries like broken bones and bruises, falls can lead to head and neck injuries if the fallen person tries to move or get up without additional assistance. Mobility scooters make it possible to get around easily, indoors and out, without the risk of falling or suffering from fall-related injuries.
- Lessen the chance of hospital stays: By safely getting seniors from point A to point B, mobility scooters can help the elderly avoid extended hospital visits. No one’s idea of a good time is hanging out in a hospital bed, hooked up to dozens of bleeping machines and spending time away from home. With a scooter, you can avoid injuries and save money on costly hospital stays.
- Help speed up healing: If you or a loved one are recovering from an illness or injury, you know how hard it is to get rest and stay put for weeks or even months at a time. With a mobility scooter, owners don’t have to worry about overdoing it after surgery, yet they can still get around the house or yard without feeling trapped in one place.
- Make shopping easier: Big box stores and shopping malls can be a real challenge for older adults with mobility problems. Scooters make it possible to go shopping with family and friends without risking fatigue, exhaustion, or falls.
- Help make life easier for caregivers: While caregivers are glad to help out in whatever ways they can, sometimes the challenges of caregiving can be overwhelming. With a mobility scooter, older adults are able to be more independent and active, taking care of more of their daily tasks and chores than they would ever be able to do without a scooter.
Mobility scooters are a great solution for meeting your mobility needs, or the needs of a loved one! If you’re interested in learning more about mobility scooters, don’t hesitate to contact us today!